Friday, October 14, 2005

Apologies

I'm sorry for both the low volume and low quality of posts lately. I'm really starting to feel burnt out and I'm rather excited to head home. Kenny and I had a great last week here in Tokyo, saying all of our last goodbyes and again spending way too much money. Tokyo is a really fun city but it's ridiculously easy to spend tons of money. Tomorrow we fly to Hong Kong for a week and then it's back to the good old U.S.A.

I think that I'm going to skip the Dublin trip. I really feel worn out and don't want to subject myself to another European flight just 3 days after getting home from Asia. I think I'm just going to hang out iN San Diego until I head up to Seattle for the first week of November. I wonder how my dear old mom does it. She's been traveling through Asia since May and hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. I think it may have to do with our contrasting lifestyles. While on the road she hikes a lot and generally spends a ton of time outdoors. I usually end up drinking way too much and gorging myself at every opportunity without any real form of exercise. On the trip to Eastern Europe with Rob, Davis and Chris we all decided to go running each morning to keep in shape and see the cities from a different perspective. Well that lasted for about a week before we fell into the wining and dining routine. I think our idea was great in theory and I'm going to try to do it better on my next long trip. That will be Copenhagen and Deauville in late January and early February. I should be itching to travel by then.

I'll try to post from Hong Kong. We have almost 6 full days there so we should have a lot of downtime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn straight it's the contrasting lifestyle that enables me to continue for 6 months (and still ticking)! The Bhutanese Himalayas were the toughest I've ever encountered, but once you come off the trek, and down to a reasonable altitude, you feel "ridiculously" healthy. Try it, you'll like it!

JoAnn (AKA Brandon's mom)