Sunday, June 11, 2006

Homeless

Well, I´m homeless in Gelsenkirchen tonight. I guess that´s what happens when you wait until the last minute to book and everything costs 600 Euros. There´s a train to Berlin at 2:10 AM and I´ll probably catch that puppy. I arrive in Berlin at 7:30 in the morning and I´ll probably be able to find accomodations there.

I bought a 10-day railpass yesterday for 190 Euro. I can ride all day on any 10 days over the next month. I was just going to buy tickets as needed but the Munich-Gelsenkirchen ticket cost 115 Euro alone. I could have bought a 5-day train pass for 130 Euro but I didn´t want to skip trips just because I ran out of days.

In less than 12 hours, we´ll know if the US is sitting pretty or in desperation mode. A win against the Czech Republic would be huuuuuuuge. GO NATS!

How bout those M´s? They just swept the Angels in Anaheim and now travel to Oakland. We´ve always always always struggled in Oakland but the M´s are playing great baseball and will try to inch closer to .500. I can´t believe we´re only 4 games back! Hooray mediocrity!

I need to go catch my train. Go Nats. One time.

No comments: