Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Good to have Friends

Today was my first day on the 11-7 shift at the flight line and it kind of sucked. I got there at 10 to do my flight plan and didn't really realize that I wasn't going to eat for 8 hours. I got done early, around 6:15, and I was starving. When I looked at my phone, I had a dinner invite from my friends the Hennigans. I hired Helena to frame my poker article and she was done with it and wanted me to come over and pick it up. I have never been so excited in my life. My dinner options went from canned tuna and spinach to steak, salad, and asparagus. Upgrade!


Here's the framing job she did, I really like it even though it's a little vain. It'll go up in my office and I'll get to tell people all about my previous life.


I also hired Helena to make a Blackhawk painting for me, you can see it here: We own the night

Anyway, when I finally got home, Marina had chicken and quinoa for me. I told her I already ate so I'm taking it to the flight line with me tomorrow for lunch. It's good to have friends!

This morning, James and I woke up at 6 AM and ran 4.6 miles. My watch was dead but I mapped our run on Google. It felt like we were moving at a pretty good pace and he was gassed so I'm encouraged. They shut down some of the roads on post from 5-7 AM for organized PT so we headed out to those roads to run with the miserable people who are forced to run by the Army. It's really fun seeing all these miserable people and hunting them down as we run. I think having someone in front of me really helps me dig in and run hard. We're going out again tomorrow and this time my watch is charged. Hopefully it isn't too cloudy and it'll pick up some satellites.

My shoulders felt pretty good today but I just wasn't very motivated. I did 60 this morning and then a set of 55 when I got home from eating steak and then a set of 60 right now before bed. I think I really need to make my hay in the morning because this afternoon flight line is really draining me. It was 82 degrees today and there's no air conditioning in the Blackhawk, can you say Ball Soup?

Pushups: Today-175 YTD-18675
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-153
Running: Today-4.6mi YTD-236.48mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Mon, 01Apr - 203.6
Fri, 05Apr - 203.0  

No comments: