Sunday, September 17, 2006

I Love Football

It's been a lazy Monday after a weekend filled with football. It's a lot of fun when both the Huskies and Seahawks are in town, I get to go to both games, AND both teams win! The Husky victory was probably more important in the grand scheme of things. This is a program that went 1-10 in 2004 and 2-9 last year. Starting off the season 2-1 is nice and I think they'll beat UCLA next week. Stanback looked competent and hopefully will continue to improve. The Huskies are lucky that all their tough games are on the road and the winnable ones are at home. They weren't going to beat Oklahoma, USC, Cal or Oregon anyway so we may as well get them on the road. The Seahawks are 2-0 but still aren't playing their best football. Yesterday's 21-10 win could have easily been much bigger if the Hawks execute like they usually do. It's pretty fun to be able to critique wins as opposed to bitching about losses and I think the Hawks will gel soon. We've got two tough games coming up: The Giants at home and Chicago on the road. The Giants kicked our butts last year and lost because Feely is a choker. Eli looked impressive last year and looks better this year. I think it'll be a huge challenge for our team, especially because the Giants will have extra motivation to avenge last year's loss. I'll be watching this game in Philly, trying to nurse a wicked hangover. The Bash sounds like it'll be a lot of fun and Al's really been working hard. I hope it's a big success since the proceeds are going to some great charities.

Tonight I'm headed to the Kangaroo and Kiwi for 25-cent wings and Monday Night Football. One of my Fantasy league games hangs in the balance: I lead by 30 points and my opponent has Hines Ward, Fred Taylor and Pittsbugh D. I think I'm a small favorite but the line might be pick 'em. We need to hope for Pittsburgh to open up a big lead early, hopefully on Willie Parker runs, then watch Jacksonville throw the ball for most of the game and make a bit of a comeback but not throw any interceptions in the process. I want it to be 35-0 Steelers at the half then end with the Jags winning 42-35. Is that too much to ask?

One house that I like was sold and I'm going to take a second look at another one tomorrow. I think the market may be better in 3 months but I really want to get this shopping over with. It's pretty stressful, even though I don't need a house immediately, and you know I'm not a big fan of stress.

Carl has moved to Barcelona and is being good about providing updates on his blog so go check it out. I also got a comment from an old co-worker, Cale Green, and I like his blog. It's about sports and gambling and he really takes a lot of time writing stuff so you all should read it. That's all for now. Go Jags!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you didn't get your win by Pitt. tonight. No score at halftime and a 9-0 loss for them in the end. But sounds like maybe you won at FF as only Fred Taylor di anything.

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

what is the buy in for your beer pong championship and you can post some information on this for the weekend.

CSG said...

Hey, thanks for the mention, schaefer, it means a lot.