Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Canada

I've been going up to Canada quite a bit lately trying to get my poker game back in shape. I've been playing pretty poorly but I am figuring stuff out and I'm definitely starting to play better. The results are also coming around and I predict that I'll soon have a mid-high 4-figure cash to report.

There's a pretty nice group of tournaments in Richmond, BC over Thanksgiving weekend so that's where I'll be while the rest of you are celebrating our slaughter of the Indians. The main event is $2500 CDN and, while I almost made a joke about how the $10 USD tournies on Poker Stars are bigger than that, the Canadian dollar is now sitting at a robust 88% or so and the buy-in is almost $2200 USD. My friends Smokey, Ozzy and Roman are all flying in for the tourney and we'll be staying at Casa de Bushman. His house is pretty insane and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures while I'm up there. I can't wait.

I am also rather amped for my upcoming trip. That's Seattle-Delhi-Singapore-Melbourne-Hanoi-Bangkok-Seattle over 10 weeks if you've forgotten. I sent my passport to the Indian embassy on the 2nd and I hope I get it back soon. I think it was supposed to take about 2 weeks and I hope I filled everything out correctly. I still need to go get shots but I'm pretty lazy. It doesn't look like I'll get scuba certified because apparently there are jellyfish in Australia this time of year and there's no cure. If you get stung, you die. Kind of a buzz-kill.

The jogging has not happened over the past few days and a major storm has hit so I don't know when I'll be able to get out there again. I kinda need to stretch my legs after sitting on my rear playing poker for 10 hours a days. The drive up to Canada is pretty brutal as well...I might have to start riding my bike up there or something.

Last night I learned how to rip DVDs and put them on my new video iPod. The first DVD that I ripped was Chappelle's Show Season 1 and everything went swimmingly. I then tried to rip Reservoir Dogs but it wouldn't work. I just bought Reservoir Dogs so it's possible that they've developed better encryption and DVD Decrypter can't rip it. Does anyone know of a newer/better DVD ripper than DVD Decrypter? Hook a brotha up!

Lastly, if you've been trying to get a hold of me(and who in their right mind wouldn't be trying to get a hold of me) I haven't been answering because my phone was dead and I had no charger. Well, I have a charger now, thanks to Harlow, and you can now call me. I still might not answer because I'm me but I might and that should make you all happy.

I need to get started on my homework so I'm going to leave this post short and sweet. This Saturday should be a great one for College Football. Give me a call if you want to hang out and drink beer while watching the Huskies and Buckeyes kick ass.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't argue with the huskies, but GO BIG BLUE! Dave

Unknown said...

Umm yea, those Buckeyes are going down! Feel free to stop by and cry.

-Harlow

Anonymous said...

The RiverRock in richmond is going to be a packed house for the next week. This is going to be an amazing tournament, at least for canadian standards. Buy you a pint of tasty canadian beer.
Alex

Anonymous said...

have you forgotten about your trip to Denver? that is waaaaaaaaaaay better than those other dumb places you're going to.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Silky

Bigredscot said...

Hey i was wondering when your new blog about your river rock trip went. I saw you down there and was curious to know what happened. I saw you on the rail before me. lol. We brought your gong show friends roman and ozzy out on the saturday night too, good times. Anyways gl.