Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Random Musings

Here are some pictures from the Idaho wedding:


Davis, Christy and Me Posted by Picasa


Jager for everyone Posted by Picasa


Christy and Dave Posted by Picasa

This weekend I'm leaving town again, flying to San Jose to celebrate the 89th birthday of my Grandma's sister. Ever since the passing of my grandpa earlier this year, the family is trying to get together more often and not take each other for granted. I like the new attitude and I hope it doesn't fade but it inevitably will.

The Monday Night game was incredible. I can't imagine being an Arizona Cardinals fan and having to endure something like that. The Seahawks really need the Bears to lose so that we won't have to go back to Chicago in January. It's nice to be able to look forward to whether or not you're going to host the NFC Championship game instead of just worrying about making the playoffs. I really believe that if the Bears have to come here, there's no way they're leaving with a win. Unfortunately, they have what amounts to a 2-game lead at the moment since it's no good if we end the season with the same record. I think head-to-head is the first tiebreaker but I could be wrong. Anyway, please root against the Bears from now on. I hope Arizona has given other teams the blueprint to stopping Rex: BLITZ HIS PANSY ASS!!!

The M-E-T-S METS METS METS! won tonight forcing game 7 tomorrow. It's been said a million times but game 7s are one of the coolest things in all of sports. Watch this if you can. I will be in CLASS until 7:30 but I'll be checking for updates on my Treo. The Mets have Oliver Perez on the hill, sporting a 3-13 record and an almost 7-run ERA. Gross. Jeff Suppan, pitching for the Cardinals, shut the Mets down in game 3 and has a number of clutch postseason starts under his belt. On paper, it looks like the Cardinals have the edge. BUT THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME! Shea is a magical place and I think this year's Mets team is something special. I really think that tomorrow's game will be great. Good luck to your Cardinals, Allen. They're going to need it.

The Seahawks should win on Sunday. They don't lose at Qwest. I'm a little worried about a letdown after the big win over the Rams but I think we'll be fine. The Huskies are in bigger trouble than I thought. Losing Stanback is a big blow, he was just starting to play like a winning quarterback. Stanford is still a gimme win but we may end the year with only 5. I'd really like to go to a bowl game this year so let's try to beat ASU next week!

That's all I have. Random musings about sports. San Jose, here I come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cards + Mets = Tiger fodder.

At least the Cards will go five. Go Cards!

I hear it's 20 degrees warmer in San Jose...

Anonymous said...

Holy smokely Annie Oakley! Yadier flippin' Molina! Pawned by a turtle! Home you go, son!

(And now begins the Detroit death march...)

MHG said...

100 pushups a day will be a breeze.

I'm about 90% sure that I'm moving to Tahoe in January or February to live the amazing bachelor life I've been reading all about on Carl and your blogs.

I'm hoping to find a place with a good fireplace poker so I can make some quick money! (you sell those for a living, right?)

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandon, long-time reader, first-time poster. I'm a sports writer at The Kansas City Star, and I see you've been here recenlty. I'm trying to find an online player who makes his/her living playing poker in the KC area. Any thoughts? Know anyone? Please email at breiter@kcstar.com
-thanks