Monday, December 31, 2012

Staying on Pace

I've been playing with the numbers trying to determine the best way to stay on pace for my running and pushups. I've determined that mentally it's easiest for me to shoot for 150 pushups per day and 10 miles per week. Neither of those look particularly daunting, especially considering that I like to do 50 pushups before or after every meal. If I never did a pushup other than the 50 pre-meal pushups, I'd still reach my goal. Too easy!! The running goal doesn't seem too bad either, but I'm going to try to make sure I spread my miles out over 3-5 days and not just run 10 miles on the weekends. The #1 goal is obviously to stay injury free for the whole year. Pacing and moderation will play a big role. Can't wait to do some pushups at 12:01!!

No comments: