Sunday, April 30, 2006

Livin' the Life

I had an awesome weekend and I'm really enjoying myself. I'm soooo happy that I skipped Florida and I feel like a million bucks.

I ended up going to the Braves game again on Saturday night. They had Turkey Legs that I had to have but were sold out on Friday. Check out the pictures below. The Mets won 1-0 and pulled 7 games ahead of the Braves. I really hope they win the division, 14 straight is just ridiculous. After the game, Cliff and I went to a bar called Mako's in Buckhead. All of the employees walk around in lingerie and the scenery is fantastic. Amazingly, they still get a lot of hot girls to come in to the bar even though it feels kind of like a strip club. I was hoping that Cliff's game might rub off on me but the opposite happened: my lack of game rubbed off on him and we stood in the corner like the rest of the creepy old dudes the whole night. I was driving so I only had a few beers but Cliff had a number of shots of Jager and passed out in the car on the way home.

This morning I woke up at 8, took a shower and hit the road at 9. I realized that the Cavs were playing the Wizards in DC and I decided that I wanted a chance to see Lebron. The drive up was pretty easy and I made great time. I stopped in Durham for lunch and ate at Arby's with my friend Matt who is in Duke's Med School. He took be on campus for a quick tour and I got a picture in front of Cameron Indoor. I got to the Verizon Center at 7 PM and met my friend Divaker who bought two tickets off of StubHub. The tickets were really good and I got a few good pictures. Lebron is sick but his teammates kinda let him down. Flip Murray had a good 2nd quarter but Larry Hughes had a horrible game and no one else could hit a jumper. The Cavs definitely need someone to score when Lebron's getting triple-teamed. I wanted the Wizards to win anyway and Gilbert Arenas made it happen. He was cold all game then the Wiz went on a 8-0 run to tie the game at the end of the 3rd quarter then Arenas scored 20 in the 4th to seal the game. This game was a lot more fun than the Mavs game because it was close and the crowd got pretty boisterous.

After the game I drove back to Divaker's place for the night. One of his roommates has Law School finals on Wednesday and the other roommate is taking the GMAT so I'm going to find a hoel for tomorrow night. It's really nice to be in DC and have short drives for a while. Tomorrow I'm going to get up early and check out the sights. I hope to post something better tomorrow, when I'm not tired as hell. Here are the pics, enjoy.



Hammerin' Hank Posted by Picasa


Ty Cobb and Cliff Schaefer Posted by Picasa


Brothers Posted by Picasa


FLY Delta Posted by Picasa


Turkey Leg: Before Posted by Picasa


Turkey Leg: After Posted by Picasa


The Varsity Posted by Picasa


Cameron Indoor Posted by Picasa


Lebron hitting a 3 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog soo much I have turned you on to my non-poker playing freinds. You are living the life man, and your blog rocks!!
Ariba!

Anonymous said...

Is that...Tito Santana...I mean, THE Tito Santana? Holy fucking shit cock ass balls!

Jimmy said...

Bought my plane ticket to Chicago today.....boooooyahhhhhhh.
-Minh

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you heard or not, but beginning June 7, it is a Class C felony to play online poker within Washington state.