Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ouch

I cranked out 100 push-ups yesterday and felt pretty good about myself. Today I don't think I could one. My shoulders hurt and I'm pretty stiff. I'll try to do as many as I can tomorrow. It sucks being so out of shape. I've been eating healthier but that's the easy part. I really don't need fried food or sugary drinks. The only problem is that if I want to kick it with a beer, I'm gonna kick it with a beer. If that weakness forever dooms me to sparetiredom, so be it.

Tomorrow my mom and I are going on a 35-mile bike ride around Vashon Island. It's nice to have her around to motivate me. She's still on sabbatical(16 months and counting) but claims that she's heading back to work soon. I'll believe it when I see it.

Speaking of my mom, living in her basement is cool and all but I really need my own place. I'm a grown ass man. I'd rather buy then rent but stuff is still expensive as hell. I'll probably do some shopping around during the next couple of weeks but if I don't find something by mid-September I'm just going to find an apartment.

My mom doesn't have an Internet connection(well, she has dial-up but that doesn't count) so I'm writing this at a coffee shop near U-Village. It's a big place and there are a lot of college hotties in here. I like. IF online poker were legal I could probably crank out a few hours of play. Damn you, Washington State Gambling Commission.

Madden '07 came out today and I played for a bit at Davis' house. I'm considering buying it myself but I would never get 5,000 hands played if I had that evil, evil game. There was a time in my life where I spent every waking moment playing Madden. I don't want to go there again.

One thing that I've been obsessing over lately is Fantasy Football. I'm playing in four leagues and draft day is coming soon. Two of them draft on Sunday, one on Wednesday and one is an auto-draft. I'm still not sure what my strategy will be but I'm pretty sure that I'm going with running backs as my first two picks. I'll post all my rosters once the drafts are over.

I just realized that tomorrow marks the 1-year anniversary of this blog. I don't feel like I post very often but this is my 175th post. I know there are some posts that are just pictures or whatever but I still averaged about one post every two days. I might start to post more now that I have these goals to attain but I promise nothing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy... have fun on your LONG bike ride! I have a condo lead for you... I'll email you!

MHG said...

I've got 100 in so far too. Ouch,indeed. I'm going with the 'everyday but fewer pushups a day' method. Besides resting your boobs, what are the advantages to your every-other-day workout?

Dude said...

I heard that technically, Washington residents are only banned from playing on sites based in Washington. What's the sitch?

Heather said...

I still love my old school NFL Fever game (2003!) and the dynasty I am slowly rebuilding (I had an accident with the X-Box and it won). Updated rosters, shmosters.

Anonymous said...

doing 100 pushups is a better idea if you do 25 pushups every 10 minutes for 40 minutes. Believe it or not you burn more calories that way and it'll seem easier. And who is hottie heather right above me???

ps~ I'm back from football camp, lemme know when you want me to help you get that laptop.

-Damon

Jaxia said...

I'm going to kick your ass ;)kq