Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Italian Happy Hour

My first night in Florence was awesome. We went to a bar named Zoe and they have a pretty sweet deal where if you purchase a drink, you get all-you-can-eat from a buffet of different Italian foods. So for 5 Euro I ate 6 plates of pasta and cous cous and bruschetta and salad. Brilliant! The company was really cool too, Davide and Kristi's friends are all really friendly and I enjoyed talking to them about soccer and Italian life and whatnot.

After Happy Hour, where I ended up having 4 or 5 drinks(that's how they get you!), we went to a sweet bar that opens up into a church square. There were people break dancing in the square and the bar crowd was gathered around them, drinking beers and chatting. For most of the night I drank something called a Kir Royale which is Strawberry Cassis mixed with Champagne and is really delicious. I probably had 10 or so on the night and surprisingly, I don't feel awful this morning. Usually that much Champagne really hurts.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera last night but hopefully I can steal some pics from Brooke or Stacy and post them later. Today we are going to Siena for the day. I've been there once before but it's a really amazing medieval town and I don't mind visiting again. I'm going to remember my camera so stay tuned for pictures. Holler.

1 comment:

Melvina Fontenot said...

Yeah i remember my camera. Oh no, wait as a matter a fact i don't...