Friday, July 07, 2006

Busto!

I busted 4 hands into the 2nd level today. I'm pretty sure that's a record for me. I felt really good during the first hour, getting a lot of medium pairs and suited connectors and splashing around a bit. I missed most flops but won some pots in position and I had around my starting stack of 2500 chips going into my final hand. With blinds at 25/50, I raised to 150 UTG+1 with KK. Bernard Lee, 13th in last year's Main Event, moved in behind me for about 600 or 700 chips and the button, who had me covered, instantly moved in. I felt pretty good about the spot, hoping to see an AQish type hand for Bernard and AK for the button. Unforunately, Bernard had AJ and the button had AA. Bernard flopped 2 jacks, jumped out of his seat and kissed the picture of his kids. It was pretty funny. I thought to myself, "If you can give Bernard two jacks, I know you can find me a King," but the turn and river blanked off and IGHN. Whatever.

I think I'm going to head over to the Venetian and play some 3/6 limit to blow off some steam. Tomorrow's the $1000 rebuy and that'll be a lot of fun.

Pictures coming soon, I promise.

No comments: