Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cruel

The $1K tourney went OK and I actually got my chips in with way the best of it for a change. I just need to work on making my good hands hold up.

Today is the $2000 Pot Limit event. The $1500 PL event was the first ever live Pot Limit tournament that I've ever played and I really enjoyed the additional mental challenge of counting the pot and figuring out how much to raise. It's cruel and unusual that the Rio starts all these tournaments at the ungodly hour of noon. I need my sleep!

I fly out of here on Thursday morning, headed for Boston to attend my friend Justin's wedding. I've stayed with Justin and Caitlin in Boston on 3 different occasions and I'm really happy for them. I don't know how a loser like Justin pulled a girl like Caitlin but she's definitely out of his league. I credit Justin for turning me into a wining poker player so I'll refrain from calling him a "loser" in the future. Congrats, you crazy kids.

Time to shower and get my butt downstairs. This is the last tourney that I'm playing before leaving and I'd like to get ahold of some chips. Sayonara.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I don't know how a loser like Justin pulled a girl like Caitlin..."

Nor do I, my friend.

"...but she's definitely out of his league."

She sure is. Go me.