Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Homeland

I'm in San Diego for 12 hours to recharge my batteries and wash some clothes. I'm off for Japan at 10 AM tomorrow and I'm really stoked. Kenny has given me great directions and I should be able to find him at the train station, about an hour away from the airport. Here's our itinerary for the moment:

Sept 22-23: Tokyo
Sept 23-24: Nagoya for the Expo
Sept 24-29: Kyushu with Ken's family and my cousin Shigetoshi
Sept 29-Oct 6: Kyoto with Ken's family and Laura hopefully
Oct 6-15: Tokyo with friends and Scott hopefully
Oct 15-21: Hong Kong

We may skip the Expo, depending on the recommendations of Ken's friends who have already gone. In that case we would catch the train to Kyushu on the 24th. I can’t believe that this is my first ever trip to Japan, or Asia for that matter. I’m really amped period but having one of my boys as my tour guide really puts the icing on the cake.

Here’s my first poll:
What is your favorite nickname for Kenny?
(a) Hawk (because of the Barron nose)
(b) Sky (because of Kenny “Sky” Walker, slam dunk champ in the 80s
(c) Bones (no explaination needed)
(d) Tweeter (no real reason)

One day I’ll learn how to make an interactive poll but for now, just vote in the comments section.

I’d really like to see Scott and Laura during this trip. I think my next post will be from beautiful Tokyo. I’m waking up in 5 hours to catch the train back to the airport, what a rough life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? BONES!!!! of course, and to all who haven't seen ken in a while, trust me... it fits perfectly. Rock Japan, seatown style!!!!
sean