Thursday, September 01, 2005

Are you kidding me?

If you notice the time stamp on this entry, it’s as early as you’ll ever see me writing. Thursday is the day that the yard gets mowed at my apartment complex and of course they do it at 7:30 in the morning. 7:30 in the morning! Are you kidding me? Sometimes I think it’s an elaborate joke and there are cameras set up in my room to see how angry I get then Ashton’s going to burst in laughing but it never happens. The lawn mower keeps going and I’m forced out of bed. Thursday = the worst day of the week.

Yesterday Kenny called me at 12:30 and we discussed the Japan-Hong Kong trip in more detail. I’m getting extremely fired up for the next two months of travel. My roommate, Danielle, heard me on the phone so she burst in and made me go to the beach with her. I brought my long board out and she brought her boogie board. The waves were bigger than I’ve ever seen and joyfully there weren’t very many people out because school just started down here. It was fun but after catching one wave I kept getting crushed by a huge set while trying to paddle back out and eventually I quit fighting against the waves. I need to get stronger before I can get good at surfing. I need to do more push ups and practice hopping to my feet at home. Right now my knee keeps dragging on my board and it’s really important to spring directly into a standing position. I’ll get there someday.

Last night we went out to dinner at a Mexican place called Las Olas with another couple, the dude works at the Four Seasons with Danielle and she’s becoming friends with the girlfriend. I don’t really mind being the fifth wheel and it was a lot of fun. Afterwards we came home, Danielle and Kele went to bed, and I played a little poker. Sadly, I lost about $100 and called it a night. One of these days I’ll have a sick day to tell you about but I’ve been having some bad luck in tournaments. Kele has the day off today so we’re going to look for cheaper apartments together. Should be fun!

No comments: