Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bored Bored Bored

I'm going a little crazy waiting for graduation. This class we're getting is extremely boring and it's a pain in the butt driving all over post trying to get clearing papers signed. Thankfully, we have a 4-day weekend coming up and I'm heading to Nashville to hang out with the Bendts and buy a condo so life should get more interesting this weekend.

For now, this is what I'm doing at night:


This afternoon, James and I had a special guest on our run, Mr. Brian Roche. He's back in town for two weeks and wanted to run with us. James and I put a bit of a hurting on him but we managed to do 3.69 miles at ~7:30 pace which felt decent in the heat. We were all sweating like madmen by the end of the run. I thought James uploaded the run but I can't find it anywhere. Anyway, 3.69.

This morning I woke up and did a 50-40-30-20-10 pyramid with 1 minute in-between sets. It's a great workout and doesn't take much time. I did two random sets of 50 this afternoon and did one set of 50 after dinner and my boobs hurt so much that I was ready to call it a day at 300. Then Marina started talking trash so I agreed to do 50 for every set of 10 she did, up to 4 sets. Well, she's kind of a beast and started doing sets of 20 but thankfully didn't make me double my ante. We're up to 3 sets and will be doing #4 shortly. Thanks to Marina, I'm going to hit my goal of 500. God bless shit talkers.

Speaking of shit talkers, I just signed up for a 12k run with my main man Dookie on June 8th. It's a hilly course and we've agreed not to leave each other but I have a feeling that may go out the window for the last km or two. He's quite the beast of an athlete and it's going to be fun to be able to run with him a bit. I'm trying to get him to come out for one of the halfs that I'm doing but he's got two young children and a lot on his plate.

Just realized that today's pushups pushed me over the halfway point to 50,000. May 22nd is the 142nd day of the year(I think) and if I can finish on day 284(October 10th?), I will be a happy camper. I actually feel better than I have in a long time, the pain is almost purely muscle soreness with just a touch of shoulder pain mixed in. Pullups tomorrow morning, driving to Nashville in the afternoon. Can't wait.

Pushups: Today-500 YTD-25344
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-414
Running: Today-3.69mi YTD-307.15mi

No comments: