Monday, May 20, 2013

PT stud

It's not my term, it's just what they call people who max their PT Test! I did 91 pushups, 87 situps, and ran 13:15 which combines for my best result ever. I'd really like to get faster so that I don't hate my life during the third event. That 13:15 was pure heart and "want-to" because it sucked for about 1.9 miles. The last 0.1 mile I could see the clock ticking down and couldn't think about how much it hurt to breathe because I had to get across before it got to 13:19.

I think this is proof that cramming for this type of test doesn't work. I did the anti-cram and tried to destroy my fitness for a week and was unable to do so. If I had been lazy for the past two months and tried to build my fitness over a week, obviously that wouldn't have worked out too well. So the moral is, live healthy for the most part but don't be afraid to let your hair down every once in a while. Going crazy from time to time is what keeps me sane.


I did two random sets of 50 around lunch and then did the pushup game with James right before dinner.  I was planning on doing extra pushups after the game to make it to 500 for the day but the card gods blessed me with 349 in the game, rounding my number out at 540 for the day. Not too bad! I'm going to take tomorrow off, work on some pullups, and try to bang out another 500 on Wednesday. I don't think I'll be able to make it to 27.5k and stay on my 5.5k/month pace but there's still time to make sure that May isn't a huge disaster.

It's really hitting me that I'm moving in 10 days. It symbolizes the closing of a huge chapter of my life and it's feeling really bittersweet. I had a great time down here, learned a lot, and made a lot of great friends. My roommates are the best people in the world and I get to hang out with this guy every day. How could I not feel a little emotional about leaving this?



Pushups: Today-540 YTD-24844
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-414
Running: Today-2mi YTD-303.46mi

No comments: