Thursday, May 09, 2013

Nights are Killing me

The night shift is crushing my soul. It's pretty brutal getting home at 1:30 in the morning and having to unwind from flying a crazy beast of a machine for 1.5-2 hours. And you have to sit in the back while your stick buddy flies so really you're using these night vision goggles for 3-4 hours a night and my eyes are constantly watering at the end of the flight. We missed a lot of days last week so we're flying extra this week and our final check ride still got pushed back to Monday. Totally sucks, way to ruin a perfectly good weekend.

This morning I was a bit of a zombie but I managed to complete one of the 50-10 pushup pyramids with 1 minute between sets. I am going to try 55-5 on Saturday. It's only 30 more pushups total but I have a feeling that it'll be a lot harder. I was planning on doing a situp pyramid but didn't feel like it so I just did 80 as fast as I could and got them in 1:57. I have 2 minutes to do 77 and it's always easier with someone holding my legs so I think I'll be fine there. Didn't run at all today, gonna try to run fast with James tomorrow morning.

Here's a better picture of my beautiful office. My God it's fun.


Pushups: Today-150 YTD-23219
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-390
Running: Today-0mi YTD-289.03mi

No comments: