Thursday, March 21, 2013

30% of 50,000

15k feels pretty good in less than 3 months. I've been doing random sets of 50 a little slower than usual and feeling for the form that works my muscles the most and my joints the least. It feels pretty good but it isn't as easy to put up huge numbers. Regardless, this has to be better for me in the long run and soon I'll be able to squeeze off slow 60-rep sets.

I'm planning on getting to 200 miles for the year tomorrow which is obviously way ahead of the 500/year pace. And if I'm going to run 2 marathons in October, I'm pretty sure the final total will be closer to 1k than 500 miles. It's kind of nuts to think about 1,000 miles but I just need to keep at it and avoid getting hurt. I really believe that adding yoga will help a lot.

Here's a link to today's run. I went around noon with my roommate Brian and he was sore so we didn't set a blazing pace. He's 6 weeks ahead of me in school and he's moving home in 3 weeks. I'm really going to miss having him around. He's a really smart dude and works his ass off and loves teaching me Blackhawk stuff when we run. He's in the Oregon National Guard and lives in Portland so I'll definitely be making a trip down there whenever I'm home. Anyway, here's the link:

Running with Roche

Tomorrow I have a pretty long day ahead of me. I want to be able to take Saturday off so I'm going to run 5 miles at 5:30 AM and then go to Simulators until 11:30 and then hit the road to Tampa to visit my friend Doctor Jimmy Dang. It's a 6-hour drive and hopefully I'll be down there by dinnertime. We're going to drink on the beach all day Saturday and then head to a Yankees-Rays Spring Training game on Sunday. That's a pretty nice little weekend if you ask me. Blog post may have to wait until Monday.

Pushups: Today-200 YTD-15160
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-120
Running: Today-4.85mi YTD-197.15mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Fri, 08Mar - 203.4
Fri, 15Mar - 200.4
Sun, 17Mar - 202.4
Mon, 18Mar - 202.6
Tue, 19Mar - 199.4
Wed, 20Mar - 202.2
Thu, 21Mar - 202.2

No comments: