Sunday, March 17, 2013

St Patty's Day

This was easily the most low-key St. Patty's Day of my life. I've spent many of these in Vegas going nuts but I kind of liked sitting at home and studying. The past week was really rough on the brain and body and I'm enjoying this calm after the storm. I managed 240 pushups in sets of 60 and feel pretty good about it. I'm going to try to make sure I do some rip deck sessions this week and put up some bigger numbers. Sobriety will help.

My roommate and I ran for an hour today and it was pretty miserable. I realized about halfway through that I haven't been eating much over the past week and was getting most of my calories through alcohol. I quit the alcohol on Saturday but didn't replace those calories with food. The entire second half of the run it felt like my stomach was trying to turn inside out and we ended up with a pretty slow time as a result. Another factor for the slow time may be the fact that I don't have the female running partner to impress anymore since they went home on Saturday. Also, it's heavy running around with a broken heart. ;) Anyway, here's the run:

7-mile run

I think this watch and website are kind of lame. It's hard to glean much good information from that graph. It was cheapish on Amazon and I might like it more if I used it every time I ran so I'll try to do that for a while.

After running I slammed a coconut water and ate a gigantic Greek Salad for lunch. For dinner, we had ribs, green beans, and mac & cheese. I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job replenishing those calories that I was worried about.




Pushups: Today-240 YTD-14120
Pullups: Today-5 YTD-120
Running: Today-6.95mi YTD-186.8mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Fri, 08Mar - 203.4
Fri, 15Mar - 200.4
Sun, 17Mar - 202.4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Agreed the graphs are crap. Doesn't matter how fast you are going 7 miles is still 7 miles. You should be taking it easy on the longer runs right now so that you are rested for the days you are supposed to run hard.