Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fuck

Strained my hamstring pretty badly last night. I was running 200m sprints and on my last one I pushed too hard and my hamstring felt like it was a rubber band, stretching too far and then snapping back. It made a loud snapping sound and immediately hurt like a bitch. It's pretty stiff this morning and hurts when I do certain things but at least it's not torn(I don't think). I'm going to rest for a few days and see how it feels after the weekend. I've never had a running injury before and it's extremely disheartening. I didn't get any more pushups done yesterday and I don't know if I'm going to do any today. I will get a lot of sitting on my ass done today and my flight line academics will thank me. I'm seriously bummed but I have to look at things on the bright side because a tear would have been so much worse. If Sunday rolls around and I'm still hobbling around then I'm going to be extremely pissed. Right now I'm just a little annoyed but still hopeful that things won't be too bad.

Pushups: Today-130 YTD-16165
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-120
Running: Today-1.5mi YTD-214.95mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Fri, 08Mar - 203.4
Fri, 15Mar - 200.4
Fri, 22Mar - 200.2

Mon, 25Mar - 205.4
Tue, 26Mar - 201.4
Wed, 27Mar - 201.4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take this time to rest and do some pull ups. That number is looking pretty sad. Don't push it too soon. Last thing you want to do is make a bad situation worse.