Monday, March 18, 2013

PR Day

This morning I decided to go for a pushup PR and did 85 in a row. I didn't think I had that many in me and it felt pretty good. I think I'm going to make Monday my PR Day and try to do one huge set a week. I did 85 straight situps right afterwards and then did 60 more pushups after I showered. The day is just so much easier when you start off with a healthy number. I was able to do two more sets of 60 before lunch and dinner and a set of 75 after dinner for 340 for the day. It didn't feel much like work and I like it that way.

I also ran a slow 3 miles with my roommate. I told him I wanted to go slow and stretch a lot for tomorrow's track day and he had to keep yelling at me when I started to go too fast. I think your legs get into some sort of rhythm and it actually felt harder sometimes to maintain the slower pace. It was also incredibly humid so we got good and sweaty despite our snail-like pace. Hopefully I'll be able to put up some good times at the track tomorrow.

Tonight, I went to my first yoga class ever. It's insane how tight my lower body is and it felt great to stretch out my hips and hamstrings. I was also the only male with 12 females; at only $3.50/class, I'll definitely be back.

I'm considering doing something a little crazy, which is nothing new for me, but I want Dookie's feedback this time. I'm thinking about running the Twin Cities Marathon on October 6th and then running the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C. on October 27th. Is that insane? I'm thinking that if I get in good enough shape for one marathon, I should be able to knock out two. I've never done a full before, obviously, but this just seems like the right thing to do. What do you say, Dave? The Marine Corps Marathon is offering a 15% discount for Active Duty Military if I sign up before March 24th...

OK, I just looked at the website and last year's marathon sold out to the general public within 2.5 hours of opening. It's not open to the general public yet so I just registered my brother and myself. BOOM that felt good. He'll be surprised when he finds out he's running a marathon but I know he'll be down. He'll probably want to do the Twin Cities as well but I have to decide if I want to do the double or not. Thinking out loud while I blog is fun.

Aaaand I just signed up for Twin Cities. Dave, I really did want your input but some sort of craziness has come over me. Holy crap I'm excited.

Pushups: Today-340 YTD-14460
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-120
Running: Today-3mi YTD-189.8mi
Marathons Registered For: Today - 2

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Fri, 08Mar - 203.4
Fri, 15Mar - 200.4
Sun, 17Mar - 202.4
Mon, 18Mar - 202.6

No comments: