Sunday, April 21, 2013

Been a while

Last week was horribly busy so that's the reason for the 5-day hiatus. I've still been getting physical, here's a brief synopsis of the week:

Wednesday: Did zero pushups. Felt a little sluggish and just decided to take the day off. I think I have less than 5 days with zero pushups so I don't feel that bad about it. My shoulder feels a lot better right now and I think backing off for a bit was smart.

Thursday: I decided that I absolutely had to run today after the flight line. My legs weren't feeling great but it had been a while since my last run so I ran to the gym, took one walk around the track to stretch out a bit and drink water, and then ran home. I felt like crap and I'm always super dehydrated after the flight line but my watch says I went 4.04 miles in 33:27. That time includes the walking and water drinking so I'm going to count all 4.04 miles. Later that night, James and I played the pushup game, I got all 4 Aces again, and logged 263 pushups. I felt a lot better and was very encouraged.

Friday: Did 60 pushups at breakfast and that's it. It was a rainy day so we didn't fly and I got off of work at 2 PM. Decided to go on a 3.3 mile run in the drizzle with James while pushing Dominic's baby stroller. We looked like a gay couple that adopted this little baby but we still managed a 7:40 pace. He pushed the first mile, I took him for the second mile, and he pushed the final 1.3. Afterwards, we did pull-ups, I did 3 every minute on the minute and he did 6 at the bottom of the minute. He only lasted 4 minutes and I made it to 15 minutes. 45 pull-ups isn't too bad when my yearly total was at 173 for the year. After showering, I went out with some friends and blacked out off of tequila and beer. Some things never change.

Saturday: Ran a 5k race here on post. Breath still smelled like tequila. I ran with Marina for the first mile, felt pretty good, and decided to run hard for the rest of the race and finished at 21:28. Marina actually ran a 24:44 which is huge for her. When she started training for the New Orleans half, she couldn't run 3 miles without stopping. I did 60 pushups with breakfast, 60 at a BBQ for lunch, and played the pushup game with James after dinner. He got 3 Aces and I only logged 219 pushups. We're going to start incorporating rules that increase the number of pushups we do and hopefully put up bigger numbers.. I love having someone else to motivate me.

Today: Was planning on going for a longish run but my legs are kind of mad at me. I'm going to take it easy and do something tomorrow morning. Did 60 pushups at breakfast and lunch and planning another 60 at dinner. We did the pullup game again and I did 4 on the minute for 5 minutes and then 3 on the minute for another 5 minutes. Army guys suck at pullups, what can I say? James was in a lot of pain and hardly did any pullups because his arms were so dead. I'm hoping we get better at these soon but my biceps look happy for the time being.

Tomorrow I start flying nights which should be pretty good for my workout schedule. I'll fly from 6 PM to 1 AM, sleep until 9 AM and then have all day to run, play the pushup game, or whatever. I'll have some homework to do but it shouldn't be nearly as bad as last week. Hopefully my legs appreciate the break they've been getting and I can log closer to 20 miles next week.

Here's a pic of me and Dom after the 5k. We're BFFs, obviously.




Pushups: Wed-Sun-842 YTD-20294
Pullups: Wed-Sun-80 YTD-253
Running: Wed-Sun-10.34mi YTD-249.82mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Mon, 01Apr - 203.6
Fri, 05Apr - 203.0

No comments: