Sunday, April 07, 2013

Lazy Sunday

Shoulders felt real shitty today so I didn't get any pushups in. Shins hurt a lot today so I didn't do any running. Just a lot of hungover studying and homework. These are two of my new roommates, Maya and Rexy:


At the baseball game yesterday I got into a disagreement with an old poker buddy about Phoenix vs Atlanta, which one is bigger. I was pretty sure that Phoenix was top 5 and thought Atlanta was around 10. My buddy was adamant so I suggested betting $5 which he quickly bumped to $100. We looked it up and Phoenix is #6 while Atlanta is somewhere between #35 and #40 depending on the source. Boo-Yah.

Then, in the 8th inning, the Cubs had the bases loaded with 1 out and the Braves made a pitching change. We started debating what the Braves comeback chances were and eventually decided it was around 30-1. So Jeff offered me 30-1 on the $100 he lost to me and I took the bet. The Braves got out of the jam, scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th, and then walked off in the 9th. So fucking awesome. Here is a graph of the win expectancy throughout the game:


At the exact point where we made the bet, the Braves win expectancy was 1.9% so I really should have gotten around 50-1 odds. He made a good bet, and just got burned. He's got tons of money and everyone loves it when he loses so we had a big celebration, even bigger than we normally would after such an epic game. He was going to wire me the $3k but I think I'm going to keep the tab open for random bets like that. I won't mind losing it all back if that's what happens, it feels weird to win that much money from a friend, even if it is Jeff.

Anyway, that's much more exciting than today was. Tomorrow I have simulator time which is significantly less taxing than actual flying. I should have plenty of energy to get onto the roads and beat up my feet.

Pushups: Today-100 YTD-18200
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-153
Running: Today-0mi YTD-229.15mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Mon, 01Apr - 203.6
Fri, 05Apr - 203.0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only you would win that bet. My fantasy team continued the great luck. My opponent have an ERA under 0.50 until today. He was at like 0.25 when he hit is minimum innings. I almost didn't get my innings for the week but it wasn't going to matter because he swept pitching.