Friday, April 05, 2013

Selection Thursday

My buddy James, probably my best friend down here, had his aircraft selection yesterday and got a OH-58D which is also called the Kiowa. He wanted to fly the M-model Blackhawk badly but so much of selection is about luck and timing. The Kiowa is still an awesome aircraft with an awesome mission so we went out last night to help him celebrate and drown his sorrows at the same time. He and Marina got a babysitter for Dominic and we went out for sushi. They don't drink very often so it was good to see them hammered. She talked a lot of shit about him being a lightweight, he and I talked shit to each other about Army PT, and he slowly wrapped his head around the fact that he's a part of the Kiowa community now. It was a ton of fun and I'd say the mission was a success.


I started yesterday off really well, doing 60 pushups after waking up, eating breakfast, doing 60 more, showering, doing 60 more, then getting dressed for class. It's so easy to put up a respectable number when you start your day off like that. I got to 300 and decided that was enough but then we got home from being drunk and I decided to see how many I could do in a row without stopping. I made it to 75, not too bad for a drunk asshole, and the babysitter was impressed.

I also did 13 pull-ups in a set of 5 and a set of 8, lol. I am going to make a real effort to include more of these in my daily routine it just sucks because I'm so damn bad at them. My damn leg is just permanently stiff so I didn't run but I can't just sit on it any longer. I'm going for a run today no matter what and will stretch the bitch out when I need to. It's really aggravating but I just need to suck it up.

Today I'm going to finish moving into James's house and then tomorrow I'm heading up to Atlanta for Cubs-Braves. Should be a pretty nice little weekend.

Pushups: Today-375 YTD-17850
Pullups: Today-13 YTD-133
Running: Today-0mi YTD-225.15mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Mon, 01Apr - 203.6
Fri, 05Apr - 203.0

No comments: