Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Moving On

Check ride day is always great because (a) I haven't failed one yet and (b) it serves as another milestone on the million-mile journey that is flight school. Today was my first check ride in the M-model Blackhawk and it went really well. My new stick buddy is one of the most motivated people I've ever met and I've really had to step up my studying to keep pace with him. We both kicked ass and will be starting our next phase of training on Monday. Tomorrow we have a class on Instrument procedures, which is flying in the clouds, and then we have a day off on Friday. Amazing. I'm going to use the free time to move my stuff out of my current house and into my new house. Pictured below is my new roommate Dominic. He's awesome and helps me when I'm missing Urijah and Emi.


My leg felt pretty stiff today and I meant to go running but never got around to it because I was at the library for most of the day doing the next two weeks of homework. I like to do all of the homework for a certain phase at the beginning of the phase so that I get a heads up as far as what to expect in school and I also don't have to worry about doing it on nights where I just don't feel like it. I did 150 pushups, 50 at a time, as my only fitness for the day. I swear my arms are getting weaker and my shoulders feel sore non-stop. Are they ever going to get used to daily pushups or am I going to have to start making it a routing to go 500 a day and then take 2 days off? If things aren't better by May, I may have to do that.

Pushups: Today-150 YTD-17475
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-120
Running: Today-0mi YTD-225.15mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Mon, 01Apr - 203.6
Tue, 02Apr - 201.4
Wed, 03Apr - 203.0

No comments: