Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Flying like a Champ

Flying nights is so awesome. The major advantage that the U.S. has over other countries is our superiority in night operations and it's really cool getting trained up. The night vision goggles are amazing even though they cut my field of view from its normal 200 degrees down to 40 degrees. You have to constantly scan from side-to-side to try and keep the helicopter flying straight and level at the proper airspeed and altitude. Tonight my instructor said that I flew so well he had a boner the whole flight...I think that's a good thing in Army lingo.

I ran 3.1 miles today after resting yesterday. I was feeling pain in my right knee and my doctor told me that was the one thing to look out for. Apparently I tore the hammy for sure but as long as the pain is in the middle of the hamstring I was fine. If the pain went to the knee or up to the hip area that would be a much bigger issue. I'm babying it a bit but I really really really am terrified of causing any more damage. I'm considering running long and slow tomorrow but it all depends on how the leg feels when I wake up.

Yesterday I did 60 pushups with breakfast and then 40 at night after flying. In the afternoon I did 3 pullups on the minute for 10 minutes. Today I played the pushup game with my friend Jack, laughed at him because he struggled so much, and logged 283 myself. I think I'm going to try to do the pushup game solo one of these days and log 500+. I'm feeling pretty damn good and I think I should be able to increase the load on my big days. I'm liking the one light one heavy approach and I'm gonna stick with it for a while.

I keep forgetting to take pics so here's a bag of pistachios. This thing costs $12.88 at Walmart, how in the world do they get away with charging that much? And why in the world did I buy it? Because pistachios are awesome.

I just added my totals and realized that 383 gives me exactly 21,000 for the year. Awesome coincidence. I should be at 22,000 by May 1st which puts me significantly ahead of pace. 5,500/month will have me damn near done in 9 months. Loving it right now.


Pushups: Today-383 YTD-21000
Pullups: Today-30 YTD-283
Running: Today-3.1mi YTD-256.38mi

Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 01Mar - 203.4
Mon, 01Apr - 203.6
Fri, 05Apr - 203.0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Real reason you bought the pistachio bag...the slogan of 'get crackin'