Sunday, February 10, 2013

Running is Fun?

Last night I went to see Broken City. I definitely recommend checking it out. Russel Crowe and Mark Wahlberg are great and the plot is pretty good. There are a lot of little plot twists and things that I would normally consider corny but they're really well done in this film. I ate a ton of Mexican Food before the movie so that's probably why I weighed so much in the morning. I ate a bunch of Ribs tonight so I'll probably weigh a lot tomorrow as well. I think keeping track daily is good just to identify trends before they become habits.

Assuming we were running at 9 AM, I woke up at 8 AM today ready to make breakfast and relax. However, I had a text from James saying that he wanted to go running at 8 so I ate a banana and slammed some coconut water and went for our 12-mile run. He picked a pretty brutal course so our time isn't great but I actually enjoyed myself out on the roads today. This half marathon training has me seriously thinking about running a full marathon this summer/fall with my brother. If you have a running partner, it's great to spend 2 hours or so just bullshitting about life and whatnot. My feet are getting all blistered up but they're a lot tougher than they've ever been. Anyway, here's a link that he posted:

http://tinyurl.com/axfwpjm

I did two sets of 50 pushups tonight and called it a day. My shoulders hurt and hopefully I'll get back to 300 a day tomorrow. Supposedly we're due for some thunderstorms which would prevent us from flying and I'll have more energy for pushups. Holla!

Pushups: Today-100 YTD-7500
Pullups: Today-0 YTD-54
Running: Today-12mi YTD-101.75mi
Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 08Feb - 203.8
Sat, 09Feb - 202.2
Sun, 10Feb - 204.0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First off fix you map link. 2nd I can believe you are cranking out these 12 mile runs like nothing.

I spent the entire day working on the house again so my only 'workout' was some pushups after getting home. 40 before I jumped in the shower, then 30, and another 30 during dinner. just over a week and I can feel the form allowing me to do more

Pushups - 100 / 1225 YTD
Pull ups - 0 / 160 YTD

Running - 0 / 10.36 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 0/ 8.5 YTD
Run total - 0 / 20.86 YTD