Saturday, February 09, 2013

Healthy Weekend

Today I decided to round off my number and did 5 extra pushups in one of my sets. I also did one pullup pyramid from 6-1. I would like to start having more intense workout sessions but right now I'm enjoying my light sets around meal time. I think I'll go crazy one of these afternoons and knock out 500-600 in a pop but I'm not quite ready for that yet. I have my Contact Check Ride on Wednesday and I have Thursday off so maybe Thursday I'll try to blow out my shoulders and tear my pecs.

I didn't mean to go running today but it was so nice outside that it felt criminal not to. I'm planning on doing 12 miles tomorrow and I'm feeling a little too sore for that but I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning. And I'll take it slow and loosen my legs up as I go. I'm going to take my GPS watch so maybe I'll have a sweet map on here tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I have no idea why I'm tracking my weight. I think 205 is pretty damn good and I just want to make sure I don't get lax and balloon back up to 215 or so. I went to Montgomery a few weekends ago and was right around 209-210 and decided that I wanted to get back down a bit. Apparently one of the best ways to lose weight is to simply keep track and write it down every day. That way, you're constantly thinking about what you're eating or how much you're exercising and these little decisions add up. I had a pretty good weekend as far as eating goes. I usually eat real well during the week and let myself go on Friday and Saturday but I've been a good boy. Obviously I just want to look sexy on the beach. SPRING BREAK WOOOOO!!!

Pushups: Today-185 YTD-7400
Pullups: Today-21 YTD-54
Running: Today-4mi YTD-89.75mi
Fri, 01Feb - 204.3
Fri, 08Feb - 203.8
Sat, 09Feb - 202.2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This morning I stretch out the push ups and did 2x35. We went for a family run in the late afternoon. I thought pushing the stroller was bad before but holy moly the double stroller is serious business. Having arms feeling like jello before starting didn't make life any easier. I did 1.63 with everyone and then Cosmo and I ran 2 extra on our own. Weekends will be pull up free unless I decide to reassemble my stand that is stored in the garage.

Pushups - 125 / 1125 YTD
Pull ups - 0 / 160 YTD

Running - 3.63 / 10.36 YTD
Treadmill - 0 / 2 YTD
Elliptical - 0/ 8.5 YTD
Run total - 3.63 / 20.86 YTD