Sunday, January 06, 2013

Bleh

I can't seem to kick this cold. I still have raspy breaths and get pretty congested at night. I went for a slow 3-mile run today and it felt horrible. I'm glad I went but I was wheezing and coughing the whole time like a 82 year-old man. Time waits for no man so I need to keep training but right now my body's telling me no. Just gotta make sure the mind is stronger.

I did sets of 50 pushups after each meal today and did one random one in the mid-afternoon for a total of 200. I think I could definitely do more but I'm going to keep on taking it easy. My body seems to be responding pretty well and I like where I'm at. It's definitely a marathon and there's no need to be killing my shoulders to get too far ahead of pace. I'm slowly building a decent cushion as it is and will probably continue to do 200-300 a day until next weekend at the earliest.

I could not possibly be more excited about a Divisional Playoff game than I am for tomorrow. This teem seems to have limitless potential but in the NFL it's one and done so every game is going to be insanely nervewracking. And we're facing a team in their house that's on a 7-game win streak. Some Seahawks fans think it's a lock. I definitely think we're the better team and deserve the -3 that Vegas has given us but this game is not a lock. 15:30 can't come soon enough. GO HAWKS!!

Pushups: Today-200 YTD-940
Running: Today-3mi YTD-11mi

No comments: