Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Back to the Grind

Today was pretty productive and provided a much needed buffer for the transition from alcoholic bum to professional Army Aviator. I got a load of laundry done, did some grocery shopping, went for a 4-mile run, and did a bunch of studying. My brain isn't working quite as efficiently as it was before break but I'm hoping it won't be too hard to shake off the rust. Tomorrow should be an interesting day of class.

I also got 200 push-ups done, with sets of 40-45-35-40-40 spread throughout the day. I am sorer than I hoped I would be but I'm thinking I'll get back into the zone soon. I spoke with my buddy James, one of the biggest PT studs I know, about the bet and he thinks it's going to be hard to accomplish. It's not necessarily the 150 push-ups per day, it's having the motivation and commitment to do them every single day. I'm going to try to do at least 200 per day so that I'll have some buffer on days where I'm just not feeling it. We'll see. So far, I can't foresee having too many issues.

Pushups: Today-200 YTD-370
Running: Today-4mi YTD-4mi

No comments: