Wednesday, January 30, 2013

No Fly

Today was a no-fly day because of weather. Winds were gusting up to 40 knots and there were thunderstorms in the area. Both of those things make flying a helicopter very dangerous. We still had about 4 hours in class going over some Systems stuff but it's certainly less tiring than flying.

I managed to get 6 miles in on the treadmill(running in a storm isn't exactly my cup of tea) and 400 pushups. I'm running too many miles and have developed a pretty gross blood blister on the front pad of my right foot. I'm going to run about 3-4 miles on Thursday and Saturday and then try to knock out another long one on Sunday. We'll see how the blister develops but I'm hopeful that it starts healing and not spreading.

As far as pushups go, I started doing 60 per set this morning since I was on to my next 5k, and it worked out pretty well. I was a little tired after the run so I only did sets of 50 before and after dinner. But I did get 5 sets of 60 and 2 sets of 50 for that 400 total. Pretty pumped, I think it's my new high for a day. I could probably do more but I like being fresh(ish) in the morning and knocking out 60 on either side of breakfast. I love this bet because I'm not super motivated to do pushups on my own. Honestly, the hardest pushup to do it #1 of each set because I have to mentally tell myself to get down and knock em out. Once I'm down and knocking em out, it's no problem at all to get up to 50 and, hopefully from now on, 60. I'm hoping by the time I reach 10k, I'll be knocking out sets of 60 with ease and I can bump it up to sets of 70. Maxing the Army Physical Fitness test is only 76 pushups for someone my age so if I can get 70 in one shot, I'm doing pretty well.

Anyway, class and hopefully flying tomorrow at 5 AM so it's bedtime for bonzo. It's raining right now and I love the sound at night. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna sleep like a baby.

Pushups: Today-400 YTD-5425
Running: Today-6mi YTD-57mi

No comments: