Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm on a Plane

10 cool points to the reader who can tell me what band wrote "On a Plain". Hint: They were from Seattle.

I left Justin's apartment this morning at 10:30, giving myself plenty of time to get to the airport for my 1:20 flight. The public transit system in Boston rules and I got to the airpot around 11:30, unheard of for a Schaefer. Then I learn that my flight was canceled due to bad weather in Chicago. I was put on a later flight, scheduled to leave Boston at 3:19. I'd get in to Seattle around 10 PM and there was nothing else to do about it but wait in the airport for almost 4 hours. We finally boarded the plane around 3:30 and as soon as everyone was seated they told us that we'd be delayed for an hour on the eunway because of inclement weather in Chicago. I wish they had just rerouted me through another city but now there's nothing I can do about it. They just announced that our new ETD is 5:18. My flight from Chicago to Seattle is scheduled for 7:33 so it might be close. My original scheduled times were 1:20 and 3:50 so the gaps are similar. I do remember that my layover was going to be pretty short already and now it's 15 minutes shorter. Hopefully I'll get to run down the tunnel again and sneak on just as the plane leaves. I'm a veteran of that move now so I'm not too worried.

The delays are annoying but obviously it's better to err on the side of caution. If you saw the 49ers-Bears highlights this weekend, you wouldn't want your plane to look like one of those missed field goals while trying to land. I'll see y'all sooner or later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i'm on a plain....I can't complain....i'm on a plain"
Nirvana, nyukka.

I fell out of my chair when I read about your encounter with the "hot girl". I think you need to employ me and such endeavors would go much more smooth. Like my main man Taj Mahal Badalandabad said, "A good soldier
does not leave his commander...just because he lies wounded, arms torn off at the sockets...intestines spilling out onto the mud,
picked at by the birds. I will stay on at no charge." And thus, I will do it for free, cuz.

Remember that I'm heading out to Pasco with Dad early Friday morning. If you're going to be a jerk and not come I understand....I understand why your nickname has become 'Lucifer'. My how you have let it all go to your head.

Funny story: this cat from NYC who was in my flight school class dubbed me 'the world's 2nd biggest asian.' The number one stunna you ask? The monstrosity that is Brandon Schaefer. Apparently Yao Ming is not as universal as one would think.

I picked some fresh cotton yesterday from the fields. Shoeless Joe Jackson appeared and asked me "is this heaven?" I told him no, that it was Alabama, googled the directions to Iowa and told him he was looking for a corn field.

-Cliff

Anonymous said...

Damn thats a good story. Except you should've played her hard and aggressive.