Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Quickie

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! My dad and brother flew into Seattle last night and we're heading down to my grandma and grandpa's place today. It's really great to see my family and I hope everyone out there is as lucky as I am.

I have one funny story from last night. I was in the terminal, waiting for my dad to come down the escalator and there was a young, college-age girl, talking on her cell phone next to me. It seemed like she was coming home from college and I overheard her talking to her roommate back home. Her converstaion went like this:
"Yeah, it kinda sucks, my mom got arrested on the way to the airport. Yeah, she was driving under the influence and when I got off the plane I had a message on my cell phone from the police department saying that she was in jail. Now my cousin is coming to pick me up but I think he may have been drinking, too."

Ah, there's no time like the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: